- May 12, 2018 -
Cast steel (cast steel) is a cast iron alloy, which is used to produce castings of ferrous alloy during solidification.Cast steel is divided into cast carbon steel, cast low alloy steel and cast special steel 3 kinds.
The advantages of cast steel are greater design flexibility, maximum flexibility and variability in metallurgical
manufacturing, and improved overall structural strength and wide range of weight changes.
Classifications of cast steel:
As per chemical composition
Cast carbon steel.Cast steel with carbon as the main alloy element and a small amount of other elements.Casting carbonsteel can be divided into casting low carbon steel, casting medium carbon steel and casting high carbon steel.The carbon content of casting low carbon steel is less than 0.25%, and the carbon content of casting medium carbon steel is between 0.25% and 0.60%, and the carbon content of casting high carbon steel is between 0.6% and 3.0%.The strength and hardness of cast carbon steel increases with the increase of carbon content.
Casting carbon steel has the following advantages: low production cost, high strength, good toughness and strong plasticity.
Casting carbon steel can be applied to manufacturing parts that bear heavy loads, such as steel rolling machine frame and hydraulic base in heavy machinery.It can also be used to make parts that bear heavy loads, such as wheels on railway vehicles, car hooks, pillow cases and side frames.
2. Cast alloy steel.Casting alloy steel can be divided into cast low alloy steel (alloy element total amount less than or equal to 5%), the casting of steel (the amount of alloy elements in 5% ~ 10%) and high alloy steel casting, alloy elements in greater than or equal to 10% of total).
As per operating characteristic
1. Casting tool steel.Casting tool steel can be divided into casting tool steel and casting die steel.
2. Casting special steel.Casting special steel can be divided into casting stainless steel, casting refractory steel, casting wear-resisting steel, casting nickel-base alloy and so on.
Cast steel for engineering and structure.Cast steel for engineering and structure can be divided into cast carbon structural steel and cast alloy structural steel.
4. Cast alloy steel.It can be divided into casting low alloy steel, casting medium alloy steel and casting high alloy steel.
- Discussion on Wear Mechanism of Steel
- Identification of stainless steel b...
- Steel Sand Steel Sand with a reason...
- Shot peening of different material ...
- Corrosion failure and shot peening ...
- Use steel pill surface treatment ad...
- What are the characteristics of ste...
- Steel balls are classified accordin...
- Alloy steel pill characteristics
- What is cast steel pills?
- Classifications of cast iron
- Classifications of cast steel
- The technical effect of steel surfa...
- About waste bead wires
- Tyre bead wires
- Alloy steel for steel grit
- Low alloy steel
- High alloy steel
- Steel bar
- Classifications of steel bar
Related Industry Knowledge